PA Housing in Bloom Competition 2017
2017 - June, News and events
Do you have a green space or growing patch that you would like to enter in the PA Housing in Bloom competition?
We hope that you will be inspired to enter your projects however small or big they are.
Entry is free. Email your name, address, telephone number and categories of entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 14 July 2017.
Or, post your entry FAO Melissa Lacide, PA Housing, FREEPOST WB510, 85–89 High Street, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 1DZ.
This year the categories are:
A Best small garden / patio space
B Best community or shared garden / growing space
C Best children’s category
D Best hanging baskets / balcony
E Indoor gardening / window box / pot or container New category
F Garden building e.g. greenhouse / pergola / cabin New category
G Nominate a PA Housing resident / neighbour New category
H Most creative New category
Fabulous prizes* to be won!
Tea parties | Gardening tools | Books and DVDs | Vouchers | Day tickets to local gardens | 1 year’s membership to local historic places and conservation | Gift boxes | Much more!
* Prizes are subject to availability
- Entrants can enter more than one category. Winners from previous years can also enter the same category.
- The competition is always judged by a mix of staff, community partners and involved residents who have experience in arboriculture, horticulture and design for the built environment.
- Points are scored out of 30 and scores under 15, in any category, will not be awarded a prize. The points are awarded for:
- - The colour, design and general layout or theme of the space;
- - The innovation and variety of materials, flowers, shrubs, fruit and vegetable crops.
- - The general presentation - cleanliness, neatness and tidiness.
- The judging will take place during August 2017 across boroughs in the south east. All applicants will be invited to an awards ceremony in September 2017 where the first, second and third prize winners will be announced.
- By entering the competition you give PA Housing permission to use photographs of your green space or growing patch in any future publications.