Help others get online
Digital champions support residents in their local area by helping them learn the basics about computers and the internet.
Could you be a digital champion?
We're looking for people who:
- enjoy using computers, going online and using the internet
- have a bit of time to spare and
- want to learn some new skills.
Being a digital champion is a great way to get involved in your community. You don't need to be an expert in IT or the internet. All you need is some enthusiasm!
You will provide advice, guidance, information and a bit of informal training - valuable support for residents who want to get online for the first time or improve their skills and confidence when using computers or the internet. Sessions are relaxed and are normally carried out one to one or in small groups.
What you get out of it
This role offers you:
- the opportunity to learn new skills, increase your confidence, develop your CV and
- the chance to make a real difference in your community.
We will give you all the support you need, including:
- free training on how to be a champion, structure a session and provide support effectively (you will get formal recognition for any courses you complete)
- resources for you to use in training sessions, such as laptops, tablets, and computer software
- ongoing support from a named member of staff, and
- repayment for any travel or other expenses relating to the role.
To volunteer, or for more information, please contact the Inclusion Team:
Telephone: 01932 235830