Understanding your tenancy
The tenancy agreement that you signed when you became a tenant is a legally binding document. It sets out both your and our rights and responsibilities. These will depend on what type of tenancy you have.
If you are unsure about any of the details in your tenancy, please contact the Customer Advice Team.
As a tenant you are agreeing to:
- pay your rent in advance
- look after your garden and common areas including the bin areas
- keep the property in a good clean, tidy condition and proper decorative order
- not allow anyone within your household or visiting your property to act in an antisocial way
- tell us if there is any change in your household
- tell us if you are leaving your property for more than four weeks
- allow us to carry out an inspection before you leave your home and give a forwarding address
- occupy the property as your main home
- ask for permission to make any alterations or improvements to your home
- ask to transfer or assign your tenancy to someone else, and
- ask for permission to keep a lodger
These conditions apply to everyone who lives in the home. This includes children, relatives, friends or guests living or visiting your home. You will be responsible if they break any terms of the tenancy.