Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Verbal abuse or harassment

This includes vandalism that is targeted against a person, such as property damage or graffiti.

If the associated behaviour is of a criminal nature you need to report this to the police immediately. You must also let them know if you are concerned about your safety. You can call the police on 999. Otherwise, call 101.

Once you have reported it to the police, please either contact us or complete the online ASB form with the incident report number and the officer’s name so we can make contact with them and work with them and you to agree on the next steps.

ASB Form

If the behaviour has been ongoing, please complete our incident diary sheets with dates and times of the incidents and send these to us. You can do this by hand or by post, but it may be quicker to do it online and attach the diaries.

Diary sheets

If you believe that this incident has been motivated by yours or someone’s disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, this is classed as a hate crime.

Please refer to our Hate Crime section for guidance.

If you need support to deal with the ASB, you can phone the national Victim Support line on 0808 1689 111 or if you would prefer to email or to speak to a regional team, details can be found on the Victim Support website below.

Victim Support website

For more specific advice regarding noise nuisance please visit the ASB Help website below.

 ASB Help Website

  • Text size