Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Threats of abuse or violence

Threats are a criminal offence and you need to report incidents to the police immediately. You must let them know if you are concerned about your safety. If the case is an emergency you should phone 999. Otherwise, call 101.

Once you have spoken to the police, please send us the incident report number and the officer’s name so we can contact them. We will work with them and yourself to agree on the next steps.

If the behaviour has been ongoing, please complete our incident diary sheets with dates and times of the incidents and send these to us. You can do this by hand or by post, but it may be quicker to do it electronically and attach them when completing the online ASB form.

ASB Form

If you do not believe you can safely return to your home, you should report this to the police; PA Housing can not offer any temporary accommodation, but if the police agree that you are unsafe to return home you can approach your local authority for emergency accommodation (with proof of the police verification).  

Find your local authority

If you believe that this incident has been motivated by yours or someone’s disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, this is classed as a hate crime.

If you need support to deal with the ASB, you can phone the national Victim Support line on 0808 1689 111 or if you would prefer to email or to speak to a regional team, details can be found on the Victim Support website below.

Victim Support website

 You can also refer to our Hate crime and Domestic abuse section of our website for guidance.

Additional Contact Information

Mind (Mental Health Charity with information and help on all types of abuse for men, women and children)

  • Text size