Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Speeding or dangerous vehicles

If you believe that an offence has been committed, such as speeding or dangerous driving, you should report the incident and circumstances as soon as possible to your local Police, by calling 101.

Some local authorities will install traffic calming measures to improve road safety, such as road humps, chicanes, or traffic islands.  The local authority will decide whether a road needs traffic calming and, if so, which measures are most suitable. The specific traffic problem will dictate the location, type and size of traffic calming measures. These are usually chosen after discussion with road safety officers, local residents and the emergency services. They may conduct an independent study to assess the problem.

To request such measures contact your Local Authority. 

Find your local authority


  • Text size